STARTING SEPTEMBER 2018, WE ARE OFFERING A "MISSIONS TRACK" FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A HEART FOR THE NATIONS
Do the nations tug at your heart?
GCSSM is the school for you!
Georgian and Winnie Banov are famous for bringing people with them on short-term, joy-filled missionary trips all around the globe.
We believe that God is raising up a new generation of happy missionaries who know their true identity, value, and purpose. If your heart is burning with a call to carry Christ to the nations, we invite you to sign up for our optional GCSSM missions track (available only at the Harrisburg, PA campus).
Students enrolled in GCSSM's Missions Track will participate in all regularly scheduled GCSSM classes, joy groups, and outreaches, plus, Missions Track students will also:
1 - Attend specialized missions training sessions one Saturday per month.
2 - Participate in break-out training sessions during the regularly scheduled Monday and Tuesday night school sessions.
3 - Fulfill additional reading and homework assignments.
4 - Participate in at least two Global Celebration Mission Trips with Georgian, Winnie, and their team as follows:
Required Trips for First Year Students:
- Tijuana, Mexico - November 2018
- Bulgaria and Rome - May/June 2019
Required Trips for Second Year Students:
- India - November 2018
- Israel - March 2019
*You may participate in additional trips with Global Celebration during the school year, with permission.
Whether you are called to short-term or long-term missions, the training that you receive will infuse you with Global Celebration's unique DNA and bliss, prepare you for service and help you understand the culture of the nations, know your role in a country, and make missions a lifestyle (not just a trip).
Your training will also explore:
- How to work cross-culturally and build with apostolic wisdom.
- How to survive and thrive in short-term mission
Partnerships and Service
- Cross-cultural teams and conflict resolution
- Kingdom paradigms for impact
- Theology of Children at Risk
- Kingdom strategies to end human trafficking and injustice
How to be Missional
- The calling and shaping of a pioneer
- Apostolic faith and perseverance
- A brief history of global missions
- Inviting the reality of Heaven
- Sustaining the call and mission - provision and multiplication